Who we are
"Gemeinsam für Berlin" is an ecumenical network for the extended area of Berlin, which is commited to connect and motivate indivuduals, initiatives, communities and churches to serve in the city. The goal is to extend the positive impact of the gospel in the city of Berlin through prayer, conversations and actions in as many social areas as possible.
Method of Operation
- We start initiatives for areas, in which christian engagement doesn't exist yet
- We connect christians, who engage together across the boarders of denominations, generations, cultures and ethnos
- We partner with christian initiatives, who follow the same goals
- We engage in communal life and support neigborhood initiatives
- We pray on-site and in organized prayer events based on urban subjects
There are people of many cultures, millieus, life styles, moral concepts, religions and ideologies living in Berlin. Thinking, speaking and acting togeter for Berlin to us means living our faith courageously and openly and at the same time in dialouge, sensitivity and appriciation for people with other beliefs. "Mission Respect", a Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue (PCID) of the Roman Catholic Church, the World Council of Churches (WCC) and the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) describes this in a declaration, for which we as "Gemeinsam für Berlin" also want to stand for.
Read this declaration here: Mission Respect